Thursday, May 7, 2009

What to do with Karl Blechen's Palm House??

I'm experiencing a minor dilemma over here. I have this enormous framed print by Karl Blechen named "The Palm House". When I first saw this in a store in Oklahoma City, I wanted to own it in a way I had never wanted any other thing in my life. Well, you know, I'm speaking here of material possessions. I wanted this piece of art so bad I cried when I returned to the store to find it had sold.

Now, about the dilemma. As I said, this art piece is enormous. Very nearly the same size as one of my living room windows! As much as I love it, I feel that the size of this thing is out of proportion for this house. I can't fit it into the attic or I'd just store it away and drag it back into the sunlight once I have higher ceilings. But what to do with it right now?? I have no idea and I've toyed with selling it off at the yard sale I plan to have soon. ACK! I just don't know what to do with it. *sigh*



1 comment:

De Anne said...

It is a beautiful picture. As much as you sound like you love it, I would never sell it. I'd either find a wall to put it on so you can enjoy it now, or tuck it away and make it a priority in your next house. (if you do sell it, it matches my room and I'd love to have first dibs)