Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Weekend Yard Sale SCORE!

If you know me, then you know I love to hit the yard sales. I'll go out even when "sensible" folks stay home due to the weather. I managed to make a great score this weekend even though I got a late start. My girls had been in need of some bedroom furniture, which I found! WOOT! I've been on the prowl for a metal bed frame for my oldest daughter. I came across a beautiful white metal bed Friday night at the auction gallery but it turned out to be the wrong size for us. I ended up leaving the auction at midnight without bidding on or buying a single thing. Amazing, eh??

We brought home a dresser and a desk with hutch. It's just what our girls needed, too. They couldn't wait to get everything in place! Cute, huh?






I figured this bedroom furniture was a little extra good luck for my birthday, which was Friday. Our trip to the auction gallery was a little birthday treat for me and hubby. We always have a good time at the auction, even if we don't find anything.

Since my hubby is a fairly new fan of the yard sale goodies post on Rhoda's blog at Southern Hospitality, he insists that we share our finds. Thanks to everyone who stops by from Rhoda's blog!

5 comments:

The Tattered Cottage said...

Great finds.I bet your girls are loving their new furniture. And a belated Happy Birthday to you.
Toni

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Looks like you had great luck with those wonderful finds.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, those are great looking pieces, I'm so happy you scored those. I love finding deals like that at yardsales. Thanks for joining the party today!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love seeing what everyone has found in their treasure hunting. The furniture is fabulous & I'll bet the girls are very happy.

Angie said...

Very cute pieces!