Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Auction Treasure




Last weekend I was at the auction gallery again. This particular auction can run quite late, 1 a.m. is fairly typical. Two weeks ago I saw this blue enameled lamp on a table just waiting it's turn to be auctioned. It didn't come up 2 weekends ago and I forgot about it until this last weekend when I saw it again. Friday night was my night for winning bids because that lamp finally came up. I had a little fight for it, but I won it for $10! It's perfect for the bedroom and a particular bed I made a post about a few weeks back. I have so much fun hunting down the room particulars piece by piece. Slowly it's all coming together. The shade is one I cannibalized from a set of buffet lamps, but I think it works ok with this blue one.

What else did I bring home?? Well lets see...there was all the Pampered Chef kitchen stuff. You know, batter bowls, strainers, measuring cups etc. I also brought home the cutest little Duncan Phyfe (or Fife) dresser. I love the serpantine drawer fronts on these dressers! Oh, you know there was also several pieces at this auction of Heywood Wakefield furniture that sold for way cheap. Unfortunately that Mid-Century Modern look isn't me or I'd have bought it myself. It's amazing how auctions are an under utilized resource. You don't know what you're missing! Get on over to Auction Zip.com and check to see what's going in your area. Pack a lunch and make a day of the ultimate in recycling!

No comments: