Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring Cleaning


Everyone and their dog is spring cleaning at the moment so I figure I'd chime in with my latest ambition. We have 6 people in the house and laundry can be a headache, especially if one believes that it can be done once a week. Yeah, that was me. When I had 1 or 2 kids, that wasn't necessarily out of line. However, with 4 kids in the house, we need a different system. Fast forward to last week when I'd been on a blog reading binge into the wee hours of the morning. A plan had begun to form in my sleep deprived mind. I didn't actually shove myself away from the desk and shout EUREKA! into the dark of night, but I came close.

I decided to make the commitment to do at least one load of laundry a day. To facilitate that I had to purge the laundry room of items I didn't use. One truth of couponing is that there will be products that you drag home only to find that you detest that particular product. Yep, my laundry room was full of such items. Most of it was noxious bathroom cleaners or kitchen cleansers that put me off. In the end they languished on the shelf. All of it was purged and now I have my handy dandy little system all lined up and ready to go. There is nothing outrageously taxing about the cost of borax, washing soda, vinegar or baking soda. BONUS!

Once all the laundry was washed, folded, hung up and put away we had a workable system in place. It's been a week and so far, the laundry room has remained clear. I'm amazed that I can still see the floor after a whole week!

No comments: