Sunday, October 25, 2009

I really love thrift stores...

and I can't imagine my life without them. There is a thrift store in town which is only open 3 days a week. I have taken quite a liking to this store. Friday night I knew I had to go and see if they had my Williams Sonoma ebelskiver pan.

I've been lusting after this pan for about a year now. I had a funny feeling and I felt compelled to check. I went with my mom and my hubs on Sat. and what did I find?? YES! My Williams Sonoma pan!!! I was freaking out in the aisle bobbing up and down and making squealy noises. My poor hubs thought I'd lost my mind! This is like my thrifty find of the month because I only paid $10 for it.

Anyway, if you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, just check out this pic from Williams Sonoma. How cool is that??? Oh yeah, the Williams Sonoma website has videos showing how to use the pan so you can have a look at that, too.



5 comments:

kelgrandy said...

i had a roommate in college that used to make those! so yummy. when are you coming back for a visit? i still need you to show me the thrift store/garage sale ropes.

De Anne said...

I am so jealous that you found that at a thrift store. We have a family tradition of eating aebleskiver twice a year. WE LOVE them. I have two electric pans, but would love a stove top one too!

I am always amazed at the finds that you are able to find. I never have the luck that you have. GREAT JOB!

BBV said...

Hey Kelley! Not sure when I'll get back there. I hope it's soon tho before the weather really gets icky.

DeAnne, this thrift store is owned by a woman who lives out of state. She sends cool stuff here from her home state. They had Le Creuset pans last week too! I passed on it tho in favor of a pullover for Lock from the Athleta catalog. This store gets WAY cool stuff.

Janean said...

and you use this for....? upscale thrift store compared to the ones i've been to! so happy you got a treasure!

BBV said...

The pan makes filled pancakes-apples are good filling-YUM!

This store is saving my sanity at the moment because I feel so cut off from "civilization" out here in the middle of the cornfields. AK!