Monday, August 29, 2011

FINALLY! Running Amok At Rummage Sales

I finally managed to escape leave the kids home and hit some rummage sales this weekend. There weren't very many but I did find a couple of cool things I might sell. Plus, I found a few things for here at home. It was a strange feeling to go to the sales all alone. I wonder if I looked like I was running amok? I certainly felt like I was running amok, all crazed and child-less-ly berserk!

One thing I've been keeping my eye out for is a new area rug. See, we have this landing at the top of our stairs where 4 rooms ( 2 bedrooms, living room and kitchen) branch off. Below is a pic of the space after the addition of the yard sale rug.



This spot needed an area rug to help dampen the echoes we have with all wood floors and ginormous rooms. DONE! We now have a just-right-for-now rug. I am still wanting another one for the screened porch, which is also a biggish space. There are actually a few things I'm looking for to put out here but a rug would be a great foundation, wouldn't it?

I also found a gaming system for my boys. It's a Gamecube and was only $5 and came with 2 games. Of course, neither game was appropriate for them, so we picked up a Harry Potter game for them to play.

My favorite find was a set of tole coasters. I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I think they'd be a great addition to the porch on a table but I still need a table! Maybe next weekend I'll find it.



Just because I love Rhoda's Link Party at Southern Hospitality, we're linking to it! One of these days I will figure out how to add her button to my posts.

No comments: