Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thrifting Jitters

Unfortunately for me I haven't been able to get much done in the way of yard sales lately. Consequently I'm suffering jitters from not being able to cruise the sales. I did manage to hit 2 sales during the whirl wind week we were between Mayo Clinic trips with the baby.

At the first sale I picked up 2 antique children's chairs complete with chippy green and turquoise-ish paint already on'em. I think they'll go with a small table I picked up last year that needs some trim added to it. No worries, with the high chance of lead, it's not for the kids to use. I also got a vintage Flintstones Bed Rock play set in the original box. As a kid I loved that show so I couldn't pass it up at $2, could I?




The second sale I went to was one I passed by chance. I just whipped around and followed the signs. At this sale hubbs bought a stainless steel pizza oven. You should know that hubbs has a thing for counter top appliances. No idea why, but he loves'em. Anyway, my fav buy was the red metal patio chair! I love this thing so much! I think it's the red color that just cheers me up when I look at it. Besides it was only $7 and I couldn't beat that price with a stick.




I also found a pretty antique baby dress for baby Bella. When I saw the embroidered blue flowers all I could think of was Bella's blue eyes and how perfect the dress was for her. I've included a pic of antiqued Bella Carolyn. Our family would be most grateful if you have a moment to say a prayer (or send good vibes, wishes, whatever-we'll take it!) for Bella to be seizure free and that we'll get word soon from the Mayo with approval and a date for her surgery. Many thanks!



Sharing the thrifty adventures with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality and Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrift Tuesdays


southern hospitality

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Of course, I'll pray for Bella. Bless her heart.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Beautiful dress for a beautiful baby. I will definitely say a prayer for that sweet babe.

foreverdecorating said...

My blessing and prayers for sweet Bella!