Monday, March 21, 2011

When Homemade Soda Goes Wrong

So I found a new to me blog called Penniless Parenting. You can find Penny here, she really has a great blog. Anyway, I was reading her blog and came across a formula for making homemade soda. I was excited to give it a try so called in the girls and we decided to have ago.

We decided to use Kool-Aid to make the soda. We added the yeast and let it sit until the bottle was suitable hardened. My oldest daughter volunteered to be the taste tester. She immediately regretted it can ended up coughing and spitting into the sink. Alarmed, my middle daughter and I asked what was wrong?! Oldest daughter exclaims "Mom, I think we just made prison wine minus the toilet water!" Oh yeah, and the dirty socks. We didn't include those in our recipe.

So we reassessed our initial plan and realize that we should have predicted fermentation when we added the yeast. What were we thinking?? At any rate we were able to make several hilarious prison jokes and laugh at ourselves until the tears rolled down our faces. Good times. Good times.

By the way, we don't blame Penny for our results but we DO thank her for the fun!

2 comments:

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Yeast Soda is sooooo yucky!! The dry ice kind (root beer) is DELISH!!

BBV said...

I don't know how to make soda with dry ice. Do Tell!!