Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mission Accomplished: The Surgery Is Over!

WHEW! That was stressful, but we're glad it's done. After lots of prayers Nye had his oral surgery this morning and it went well.





Daddy holding Nye early this morning before we walked across the parking lot from the hotel to the surgical hospital. We arrived at 6:30 am.




Nye is waiting for the nurse to come take him back to the O.R.




This is Nye in the Phase I Recovery Room. He hasn't yet opened his eyes, so we wait for him to wake up.




This is how the hospital staff outfitted Snugglepottamus as he accompanied Nye into surgery.




Nye is awake and in Phase II Recovery. This is right before his I.V. was removed and he was allowed to leave. We were done by 11:00 am and checked out of the hotel and on our way!

2 comments:

De Anne said...

Love, love, love the Snugglepottamus! What a cute idea. I'm so glad that he's feeling well.

kelgrandy said...

Oh my laws girl. I didn't know Nye was having surgery. Poor kids. Grant had to have surgery a few years ago on his mouth, but it doesn't look as intensive as Nye's did. I'm glad everything went okay. What else is going on with you? Email me! I miss our talks.