Friday, March 2, 2012

Little Einstein's Pat Pat Rocket ...Cha Ching!






If you spend any time on message boards or blogs about eBay sellers/selling then you may know about this Disney toy. It's from a few years back and no longer made. They had been a hot Christmas item one year, too. They just flew off the shelves!

When a toy is no longer in production prices can go WAY up for the item on eBay. Especially if the toy still has t.v. episodes playing. Such is the case with the Little Einstein's Pat Pat Rocket. I sold the one up there in the picture for $159.99. This was the second one I've sold for that price. Yes, there are others that sold for less, but I'm willing to wait it out in order to get the higher price. You can't get the price you want if you don't ask for it!

This toy is one I found at a Once Upon A Child in my area. I think I paid $8 for it. One thing I want to point out is the green screen. See it up there on the right of the red haired kid? Yep, that thing. Apparently this is a piece that is often lost. You will see sets without this piece but if yours has it, then you can ask a better price. Your rocket will still sell without the green screen, but maybe not for quite as much. If you find one that is missing the screen, get it anyway! You can even sell the people figures from these sets. There were other sets made (like for the bath tub etc) that were smaller.

My husband found several sets of the smaller Transform N Go Rocket. None of the sets had all the parts, but they've all sold. These toys were hubby's first foray into eBay selling. Thanks to the Pat Pat's it was a successful start!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That is fantastic! I've yet to come across one but I always have my eyes open at yard sales for them. Maybe someday!

Lorraine said...

I'm lost without a small child to guide me when it comes to toys. My daughter grew up with Barney, Blue's Clues, Rug Rats and Pokemon. (tries to memorize photo of Little Einsteins)

BBV said...

My kids haven't been following t.v. since we moved out to the boonies which doesn't have cable service.

The good thing about Blue's Clues, Barney and Pokemon is they will all make you money on eBay!

Have fun hunting ladies!