Friday, January 27, 2012

Oddities

I've been known to buy weird stuff. Take the Scary Scary Teeth I sold last week.



Gnarly looking, aren't they? We picked these up at a yard sale a couple years ago.  For some reason I got a kick out of them and dragged them home to be used as Halloween decorations.

My Bella had been terrified of them and was constantly on the look out for them when she entered my bedroom because she knew we had them stored in the closet. She did eventually make peace with them once she learned that the Scary Scary Teeth had removable bits. Somehow this made them less frightening. See??




Last week I decided to list them on ebay. I had 2 minor problems.
1.) I had no idea what to ask for them.
2.) I wasn't interested in keeping them listed for ages.

Basically I shrugged and winged it. I slapped them up and they sold early the next morning. I heard CHA-CHING from my phone and wondered what had sold so early in the A.M.  I couldn't believe it! My weird $1 yard sale Halloween decoration had sold in less than 12 hours for $19.99 + shipping.

This last autumn I also purchased a model brain and a kidney. I plan to get those listed this weekend using the key word "oddity" in the title. I used it with the teeth but I'm not sure if it helped. I guess this will be a little experiment. Here's to hoping fans of the t.v. show Oddities shop on ebay!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ah! I knew I got the idea from somewhere and it was here. Just found this post again. I listed some twisted keys and put oddity in the title and they got a lot of attention. I couldn't remember where I got the idea. It was from this post! Thanks for that tip! By the way, these teeth remind me of the set the nurse in my elementary school brought into our class to show us how to brush our teeth. :D

BBV said...

I'm so glad someone tried it! I like the word "oddities" so I've been looking for more stuff I can sell just so I can use it again. lol

I also thought the same thing about the teeth. I think we had a dental student come teach us with a model like that, too.

Thanks so much for visiting!