Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Aiming For Holiday Cheer





Be Cheerful! It's what I keep telling myself these days. I need reminding that I do have much to be grateful for, even if it seems otherwise.

It's hard to be cheerful when I don't feel very well. I didn't even really cheer up for Halloween, which is my FAV holiday. Anyway, I have been diagnosed with a disease which I've suspected for quite a long time. Being a mom, I take care of everyone else and put myself last and now I learn that I shouldn't have done that.

The only thing to do now is follow the treatment and get on with taking care of myself. I was about to say "better care" but that would imply that I'd been taking some measure of care for myself when I hadn't been doing anything of the sort. I'm not a whiner/complainer and I don't want to sound like one now. I just wanted to give people a reason why I seem to be green around the gills. It's because I AM green around the gills. And exhausted. I'm still debating on whether or not to blog about this thing regularly.


Moving on...

See that pic up there at the top?? Yeah, I knew you did.

I found that green felt table runner with the Santa Clause applique at the thrift store today. (It's very long, which seemed unusual to me.) My girls are into all things retro these days and instantly loved it when I brought it home. I had originally believed it was a tree skirt, but a table runner is cool, too. The tree with the lights and ribbon was also a thrifty find today. Not too bad for $3, is it?

I also dragged home a set of lighted ceramic cherub ornaments and some shabby pink glass ball ornaments. We plan to make a wreath with the glass balls and we're not sure yet what we'll do with the cherubs. Maybe we'll mix them with some garland greenery?? See?? I'm making an effort to be cheerful!

Now, I need to run and do my Thanksgiving shopping. I'm out of everything in this house and it shows. My list is a mile long so I better get going! Catch ya all later!

No comments: