Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wish You Were Here!

One of our very favorite places to visit for the day is Eureka Springs. I just never get tired of wandering the Historic District. The pics below were all taken while we wandered down Spring Street on a rainy Mother's Day weekend.




I just love the look of moss and trailing vines. It's even better in a giant concrete urn with some wrought iron fencing in the background. This was taken at one of the grottoes where the springs bubble up to the surface.




Beautiful Grecian lady statue in a garden. Many of the gardens along Spring St. are at eye level atop retaining walls.




I don't have a name for these fleshy grape like plants, but I love how succulent they look dangling off the rock faces.




Because Eureka Springs is a such a funky place, it's easy to run across artsy things like this blue moon in a sidewalk.




This photo is of "The Dr's House". This house sits below the Crescent Hotel. See that amazing copper roof on the porch??

I have designs on spending a day here again soon. I feel the need for some picture taking and pizza nomming.

1 comment:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the tour.
Glenda