Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is what we've been up to...



I know it's been several days since my last post but I wanted to be sure I had something to show for my offline efforts. I've been busy with the small bedroom. Actually, busy doesn't even begin to cover the ordeal this room turned out to be. All I wanted to do was paint over the crayon marks on the wall. Simple, right? Um, No. Not so much.

First off, we had issues with the paint color not matching from one can to the other. Now, these cans were mixed at the same time and were not a color matching job. Nope, this was a color chosen straight off of a paint chip. At any rate, I ended up going to a different store and choosing a completely different color, which does match from one can to the other. I got everything covered in primer so it didn't bleed through. That worked fine, which was a relief! Then, I painted the room while the kids were otherwise occupied. That actually worked, too! It took me an hour with a roller to get all the way around the room. My husband came home that night and sprayed the ceiling for me with the power sprayer. That worked out better than I could have imagined! Finally, the major part of the painting was done. Whew. I've still got the trim to do but my hubby has volunteered to that job for me. Yay! I took a pic so you can kind of see what it looks like at the moment. I still have a couple of projects in the works to finish before I'll have a cool playroom for the boys.

In the pic of the room you can see that I still haven't gotten the switch plates and outlet covers put back. I'll get to it, really, I will.

No comments: