Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Paint, Paint, Paint


Everywhere!

I am absolutely up to my elbows in paint these days. One thing holding up my progress is drying right now. This is the train/activity table I picked up this past week at the thrift store. The original finish was in bad shape and I didn't care for the blond color of the wood. The table itself was good and sturdy and just about the perfect height.

My youngest son begged to be allowed to choose the paint color. I figured he'd choose a dark grapey purple, which is his favorite color at the moment. I suggested several colors, like grass green, admiral blue and even red. He had no taste for any of those colors. His choice was ultimately black. He said "so it will match with our other furniture, right, mom?" Sure! Why not?

No comments: