Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Love It Or Ditch It Project




One thing I've come to realize is that I only really live well if I'm enjoying my surroundings. I need to find comfort or joy in everything in my home. It's become increasingly clear that I have several things in this house that I don't care anything about. This means I need to get rid of them, which is the hard part.

This past weekend I enlisted the family to assist in clearing out some kitchen clutter. I have some adorable glasses purchased in the last year or so. I had not been using them because I was "saving" them. I have no idea when I thought I'd use them, exactly??? At any rate, they had been packed away in the attic and nearly forgotten. In light of the fact that I'd made the commitment to love it or clear it out, I had to decide if I loved them or my old mismatched everyday glasses. It turned out that I loved my vintage glasses more so out went all the other unused mugs and glassware. The photo above shows some of the glasses I decided to keep for everyday use.







No comments: