Monday, May 10, 2010

Yard Sale Find Of The Year!

My mom called me Friday morning and said that there were a whole mess of rummage sales happening that day in her town. I mean ALL DAY, too. With a new baby only 7 weeks or so away, we seriously need to get ready. With this being baby #5, I've learned that there is no better way than to be frugal about the baby stage. Plus, we just never know what else there is find at a yard sale, right?? Perfect! Any excuse will do!

Anyway, Grandma had hit a few sales that morning and by the time I arrived, we were ready for the bunches that started at noon. When we had finished with all of those noon sales, the 2:00 pm sales were almost ready. We tore into the drive thru for some burgers and were on our way again. We found tons of good stuff-even The Find Of The Year as far as my oldest daughter is concerned.





This little wire stand will be used to hold our herb pots on the deck by the back door. The hubby will have to paint it for me but I still haven't decided on a color.




This shelf will also be getting a paint job by hubby. Yeah, I have no idea where this one will end up hanging.



This is one for the kitchen wall-eventually- after it gets a paint job, too. My poor hubby has so much painting in his near future! There are several pieces of furniture we'll be using for the new baby in need of paint embellishment. I hope to be having a nice little reveal here on the blog for those items. Stay tuned!



I think one will hang on my front door after I find some flowers to put in it. Who doesn't love a garden gate??




This white iron bed is what my daughter considers The Find Of The Year. We found this leaned up against a garage where not one person was paying any attention to it. Almost as an after thought we asked about it and the woman said she only wanted $5 bucks for it! SOLD! We had a grand time tying this onto the top of the minivan with an old jump rope the seller found in her garage.

I can't wait for the sales this weekend. It's my birthday PLUS CITY WIDE GARAGE SALES! WooHoo!!

By the way, this post is linking up to Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality!

3 comments:

All That Glitters said...

What a great deal on the bed!!!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Great shelves, and I LOVE that bed!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great deal on the bed!