Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Fireplace



I've finally made some progress! The living area is finally starting to come together and I can't wait to see it complete. I thought I'd show everyone how the fireplace looks now that the new paint is up. On the right hand side you can see the old color ( it actually wasn't paint at all but tinted contractor texture goo) which did nothing to enhance the appearance of the fireplace. Before the new paint, you really didn't notice it was in the room. The whole room is warmed up now.

A power sprayer is really a huge help when you have to do a ton of walls. We've found with the sprayer that we've used way, way less paint than it was taking using a roller and old fashioned elbow grease. Plus, using the sprayer was just fun. I have so many furniture projects that I plan to paint this spring that the power sprayer will more than make up for its initial cost. If you look around, you can find them on sale/clearance right now. Ours was a sale item, so that only made it more attractive.

I failed to plan ahead yesterday so we ended up eating at a drive thru. Ick. Today the roast is in the oven and it will take care of itself until this evening. I need to remember to plan out the ENTIRE job, which includes feeding people. Crock Pot meals and oven roasting will be my best buddies for the near future.

No comments: